- OrcaStraightenPoints: Added a new command to place control points (or point objects) in a straight line in 3D, or in the 2D projection of a line.
- Lines Drawing: Sections in the lines drawing are put on layers that mimic the Orca3D section layers in the model.
- Lines Drawing Fixes: Addressed issue with diagonals being offset when the full hull was sectioned, addressed issue with scaling when the full hull was sectioned, all lines are now drawn on the same plane.
- Stability Criteria Fixes: Calculation of Hybrid Ratio corrected, calculation of areas under curves corrected, corrected calculation of heavy lifting and icing heeling arms.
- Resistance Prediction Fixes: Added total propulsive power output (PpTotal) to CSV export of planing hull and displacement hull analyses.
- Lightweight Extrusion Objects: Fixed a bug in copying weight/cost data when copying lightweight extrusion objects in Rhino 5.
As a WIP, there may still be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- Any Orca3D information in a Rhino file that is saved with this new version will NOT be backwards compatible to version 1.1.0 or earlier versions. No Rhino information will be lost, but Orca3D information, such as section locations, weight/cost information, etc. will not be found by earlier versions of Orca3D.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
This WIP will expire on January 31st. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.2 will be released before then, or a new WIP will released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum
- click here for the 32-bit version (Rhino 4 SR9 or later, or Rhino 5 (32-bit))
- click here for the 64-bit version (Rhino 5 64-bit)