The Stability Criteria Evaluation functionality is still undergoing some testing, and we felt it wasn't quite ready to be part of the 1.2.3 Release. Also, a new command, OrcaLongitudinalStrength, has been created to facilitate a simple beam bending model by computing shear force/bending moment using the existing Orca3D buoyancy and weight computation capabilities. This new command should be considered as “under development” and currently has limited functionality. We plan to continue its development through future Orca3D WIP releases. As with all Orca3D WIP releases, your feedback on the Stability Criteria Evaluation and Longitudinal Strength analysis is welcome.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on May 15th. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.3 will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum
Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!